Job title: Senior WebOps Engineer
Level: Senior Associate
Reports to: Lead WebOps Engineer
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As a Senior WebOps Engineer in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for the design, automation, building and operation of significant infrastructure and application components as part of a digital service platform. It’s a fast paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll be continually learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow as you, in turn, mentor those around you.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Proficient in designing, building, testing, automating and operating significant infrastructure or application components within modern digital service platforms.
- Experience of designing and building operationally ready components that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, cost-effective and that minimise lock-in.
- Experience of implementing configuration management tooling alongside a modern Continuous Delivery process for releasing software.
- Proficient in the debugging and troubleshooting of digital services.
- Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation and advocating MVP.
- Experience of using public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people.
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and with wider non-technical audiences
- Experience of balancing technical decisions with user needs and commercial constraints
- Experience of implementing robust security controls and monitoring solutions across infrastructure and application components
- Experience of using multiple configuration management tools, operating systems and public cloud providers.
- Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks.
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.