Senior Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing data processing and data persistence software components for solutions which handle data at scale. Working in agile teams, Senior Data Engineers providing strong development leadership for team members and take responsibility for the quality of the codebase as well as the match to user needs.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our Data Engineering teams means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise.
- Software development experience with distributed data storage and processing technologies including Hadoop and Spark and using JVM languages;
- Experience of leading the development of substantial components for large-scale data processing solutions, taking responsibility for non-functional needs of ETL/ELT data processing pipelines such as robustness, performance and security. ‘Development’ incorporates design, code, test defect resolution and operational readiness, and includes setting the standards for these activities;
- Coaching and mentoring experience in data development disciplines with the ability to gain the respect of a junior team;
- Ability to advise architects and other stakeholder on detailed technology and development practice and on development estimates;
- Ability to make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery and to lead on troubleshooting;
- Strong understanding of tools, design methodologies and best practice;
- Ability to clearly communicate technical design both written and verbally.
- Software development experience with Cloudera’s distribution of Apache Hadoop and with Python;
- Experience of data visualisation and data complex data transformations, including ETL tools such as Talend;
- Able to productionise machine learning algorithms;
- Understanding of text processing including Natural Language Processing;
- Experience with steaming and event-processing architectures including technologies such as Kafka and change-data-capture products;
- Data modelling experience with data storage technology, such as document, graph, log stores and other non-relational platforms;
- Open source contributor.
What you get from Kainos:
- Relocation package that covers flights, accommodation, and other relocation costs;
- Private medical insurance at Medicover (possibility to take your family under it);
- 1500 PLN per year to pay for your hobby courses (you can spend it for whatever you want i.e. kitesurfing or Spanish language lessons);
- Gym card Multisport (50% paid by company; possibility to take your family under it);
- Integration and family parties: Santa Claus, Summer BBQ, Kick Off, Pay Day Drinks, Christmas Party, St. Patrick’s Day, and many more;
- Online training portal access — Pluralsight;
- Career Coach taking care of your career progress in Kainos;
- Conferences in Poland and abroad as a speaker or listener (you can prepare for your presentation within working hours);
- 3000 Pounds for Refer-a-friend scheme;
- Possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week;
- Core hours (starting work between 8 and 10 AM);
- 7,5 hours working day;
- Fun rooms, Chill Out room and gym with showers in the office;
- Soft skills training;
- Easy access to the people on managerial levels, real influence on the company’s decisions;
- Very stable employment in a company that cares about employees’ development.
Recruiter’s contact: Michalina Kowalik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please send us your resume in English with following information attached: “I hereby declare that all the facts and information provided for this cover letter and CV are true. I allow my personal data stated in the abovementioned applications to be processed for the purpose of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29/08/1997 (Dz. U. 2016 r. poz. 922)”.