Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Job Level: Consultant
Purpose / Overview:
Responsible for managing the delivery of support services, and managing the client-relationship, across a variety of projects including resources, finances and reporting. Ensures team adherence to the Kainos Support Services ITIL aligned quality standards including ISO20000 and security standard ISO27001.
Will be required to manage the transition of projects from the development environment into support and project manage minor development/service work.
Responsible for ensuring client requirements are met and seeks to improve the service to the benefit of both Kainos and the client; assists the senior management team with business growth within existing accounts as well as supporting Pre-Sales activity for potential new clients.
- Significant experience working in a commercial support environment with a good understanding of ISO20000 quality standard.
- Demonstrable awareness of business and operational environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- Experience of at least one significant business application environment
- Extensive experience of working closely with a client and demonstrable evidence of building sound client relationships and enhancing business opportunities.
- Experience of helping create, and work to, project plans together with handling change controls.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound commercial awareness and understanding of project and support service dynamics.
- Experience of adhering to project management disciplines and quality standards.
- Experience of managing and motivating team members and leading by example.
- Ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing service delivery including reporting to clients and management and leading service review meetings with clients.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
- Experience of negotiating support contracts and service level agreements with clients, and third parties
- Experience of managing a team on a daily basis, ensuring effective deployment of skills and resource, ensuring SLA metrics are met.
- Experience of appraising and mentoring staff.
- Experience of project managing minor development and services work.
- Experience in managing Incident escalations
- Constructive, professional, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent at managing personal time and priorities.
- Mature, non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical and thorough.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical and non-technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.