The Data Engineer works within a multi-skilled agile team to develop large-scale data processing software to meet user needs in demanding production environments.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our Data Engineering teams means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise. Working to develop data processing software primarily for deployment in Big Data technologies, the role encompasses the full software lifecycle including design, code, test and defect resolution
- Software development experience with distributed data processing technologies including Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark and with JVM languages;
- Understanding of ETL/ELT data processing pipelines;
- Understanding of contemporary data storage technology, such as document, graph, log stores and other non-relational platforms;
- Ability to write easily testable code including automated unit testing;
- Experienced in continuous integration tools and techniques (e.g. Jenkins);
- Ability to work collaboratively with others using version control (e.g. Git);
- Clear verbal presentation with an open attitude to sharing information;
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines;
- Working with operations teams to ensure operational readiness.
- Software development experience with Cloudera’s distribution of Apache Hadoop;
- Experience of data visualisation and complex data transformations, including ETL tools such as Talend;
- Experience with steaming and event-processing architectures including technologies such as Kafka and change-data-capture (CDC) products;
- Comfortable with continuous improvement and sharing input on data best practice;
- Participation in development and/or technology communities.
What you get from Kainos:
- Relocation package that covers flights, accommodation, and other relocation costs;
- Private medical insurance at Medicover (possibility to take your family under it);
- 1500 PLN per year to pay for your hobby courses (you can spend it for whatever you want i.e. kitesurfing or Spanish language lessons);
- Gym card Multisport (50% paid by company; possibility to take your family under it);
- Integration and family parties: Santa Claus, Summer BBQ, Kick Off, Pay Day Drinks, Christmas Party, St. Patrick’s Day, and many more;
- Online training portal access — Pluralsight;
- Career Coach taking care of your career progress in Kainos;
- Conferences in Poland and abroad as a speaker or listener (you can prepare for your presentation within working hours);
- 3000 Pounds for Refer-a-friend scheme;
- Possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week;
- Core hours (starting work between 8 and 10 AM);
- 7,5 hours working day;
- Fun rooms, Chill Out room and gym with showers in the office;
- Soft skills training;
- Easy access to the people on managerial levels, real influence on the company’s decisions;
- Very stable employment in a company that cares about employees’ development.
Recruiter’s contact: Michalina Kowalik (email@example.com)
Please send us your resume in English with following information attached: “I hereby declare that all the facts and information provided for this cover letter and CV are true. I allow my personal data stated in the abovementioned applications to be processed for the purpose of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29/08/1997 (Dz. U. 2016 r. poz. 922)”.