Main purpose of role & level in the business:
Responsible for ensuring that Kainos’ innovative digital services and platforms meet the user need and the outcomes agreed between Kainos and the client, whilst ensuring our delivery follows good governance and quality standards. Empowers and supports Kainos teams to perform well, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with Kainos company values. Looks for new opportunities to win follow on business with existing customers.
- Understands critical success factors for the project (beyond the traditional measures: on time, on budget and to agreed scope) and ensures each work stream has a plan in place to achieve the success factors.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding profitability targets plus accurate and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.).
- Exploits opportunities for adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactively managed and issues addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Motivates and empowers teams to create a positive and creative culture for our people to perform well, learn and grow.
- Ensures that all team members have clear goals, receive regular feedback and have timely and constructive appraisals.
- Ensures team members have learning and development objectives to acquire and maintain the skills necessary for the project.
- Responsible for staffing teams and on-boarding of new team members.
- Builds and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensures that appropriate project governance, reporting arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensures project risks and issues are managed effectively and escalated where appropriate.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and agreements and ensures security of information, at all times.
Business Development & Account Management
- Supports future growth by working with Sales & Account Management teams, assisting where required with the sales/procurement cycle to best position Kainos to win profitable new business.
- Promote successes Kainos-wide, to our customers and to the market, through case studies, award submissions, blogs, tweets etc.
- Understands contracts and commercial terms applying to projects and ensures that Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
Professional Development and Growth
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within the Management and Leadership Capability.
- Understands current thinking from the Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilities and drives alignment accordingly.
- Encourages innovation in technology and process both within the project and outside the project.
- Proactively assists with recruitment activities to enable stable organisational growth
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable success managing the delivering of technology-based projects using agile methodology.
- Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility.
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplier relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
- Broad technology experience, awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours.
- Experience of adhering to robust project governance and technical quality standards.
- Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation.
- Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms.
- Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client.
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within a team or an organisation.
- Holds a current and recognised Project or Programme Management certification.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and empower teams and lead by example.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Have a natural willingness to share information freely.
- Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
What you get from Kainos:
- Relocation package that covers flights, accommodation, and other relocation costs;
- Private medical insurance at Medicover (possibility to take your family under it);
- 1500 PLN per year to pay for your hobby courses (you can spend it for whatever you want i.e. kitesurfing or Spanish language lessons);
- Gym card Multisport (50% paid by company; possibility to take your family under it);
- Integration and family parties: Santa Claus, Summer BBQ, Kick Off, Pay Day Drinks, Christmas Party, St. Patrick’s Day, and many more;
- Online training portal access — Pluralsight;
- Career Coach taking care of your career progress in Kainos;
- Conferences in Poland and abroad as a speaker or listener (you can prepare for your presentation within working hours);
- 3000 Pounds for Refer-a-friend scheme;
- Possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week;
- Core hours (starting work between 8 and 10 AM);
- 7,5 hours working day;
- Fun rooms, Chill Out room and gym with showers in the office;
- Soft skills training;
- Easy access to the people on managerial levels, real influence on the company’s decisions;
- Very stable employment in a company that cares about employees’ development.
Recruiter’s contact: Michalina Kowalik (email@example.com)
Please send us your resume in English with following information attached: “I hereby declare that all the facts and information provided for this cover letter and CV are true. I allow my personal data stated in the abovementioned applications to be processed for the purpose of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29/08/1997 (Dz. U. 2016 r. poz. 922)”.